The Amherst Center for Senior Services will host several top-notch performers this fall, thanks to the National Institute of Senior Centers partnership with the Music Performance Trust Fund and the Film Fund, which provides grants for up to 500 live music performances at senior centers across the United States.
The Amherst Senior Center applied to the local American Federation of Musicians and will host the following FREE concerts:
- Oct. 4 from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. featuring Linda Mabry Trio (piano, violin and viola)
- Oct. 13 from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. featuring Nelson Starr (guitar/trumpet standards and soft jazz)
- Oct. 19 at 6 p.m. featuring Mark Mazur (piano)
- Nov, 14 from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. featuring Merry Jeffers (violin, piano, guitar)
- Nov. 16 at 6 p.m. featuring Mark Mazur (piano)
All concerts are free, open to the public and will be held at the Amherst Senior Center at 370 John James Audubon Parkway, Amherst.