Erie County Medical Center (ECMC) Corporation recently announced that Terrace View Long-Term Care Facility has again been recognized on Newsweek’s Best Nursing Homes 2024 list.
This prestigious award, which Terrace View has received in four consecutive years, is presented by Newsweek and Statista Inc., the world-leading statistics portal and industry ranking provider.
The awards list was announced Sept. 27 and can currently be viewed on Newsweek’s website: www.newsweek.com/rankings/americas-best-nursing-homes-2024-150-beds.
The Best Nursing Homes of 2024 ranking lists the best nursing homes in the 25 states with the highest number of facilities according to The United States Census Bureau. This year there were 500 hospitals across the Nation that were chosen and ECMCs’ Terrace View Long-Term Care Facility ranked 38th in New York state for nursing homes with 150 beds or more. There are over 600 nursing homes in NYS.
Thomas J. Quatroche Jr., Ph.D., ECMC president and CEO, said, “On behalf of the dedicated caregivers and administrators at Terrace View, we are very proud to again be recognized as one of Newsweek’s Best Nursing Homes in 2024. This prestigious, national third-party assessment reinforces the high-quality care that distinguishes Terrace View and underscores the professionalism and commitment of our Terrace View caregivers. With very medically complex patients averaging 68 years of age, this recognition of Terrace View is yet another example of the ECMC Family’s dedication and passion for the residents we serve.”
The evaluation is based on five data sources:
• CMS Data: Used to determine the performance of nursing homes.
• Accreditation: Data on nursing homes provided by The Joint Commission (TJC) and Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
• Resident Satisfaction Data: National Patient Safety Goals from the Joint Commission and Google reviews were included.
• National Online Survey: Thousands of medical professionals (registered nurses, nursing home managers and administrators, licensed practical nurses / licensed vocational nurses, nursing assistants, therapists, and physicians) were surveyed.
• Management of the Covid-19 situation: A Covid-19 score for each facility was calculated, with the objective to award nursing homes which have had the best possible response and protocols during the pandemic.
Terrace View was opened Feb. 8, 2013. It has three floors of 96 skilled nursing beds each; one floor containing 66 sub-acute rehab beds; a 20-bed ventilator unit and 16-bed behavioral intervention unit — for a total of 390 beds.